Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Itchy Eyes, Sore Throat, Sinus Pressure Oh My!!

 
Let's face it nobody likes allergies, but there are a few things we can do to make ourselves a bit more comfortable. A few of my favorites from my allergy defense team are Puffs Plus Lotion with the scent of Vicks... these are irreplacable in my book. Hot Rooibos Tea with honey (I must confess I love this allergies or not!!) Organic Coconut Oil in your Rooibos or any tea you prefer is a great way to get more of natures goodness ingested as well as on your lips, which if you're anything like me are chapping. I am in love with applying both hot and cold compresses to my eye and sinus areas.For the cold compress I prefer a facemask, my fav is by Earth Therapeutics they have a lovely Cucumber Eye Care Kit that is not only helpful for allergies but a wonderful indulgence for tired eyes as well. Now for a warm compress I prefer a Lavender Flaxseed Microwave Wrap I love mine by Biomed Design (pictured below in blue however I love mine in pink) I not only use it for my sinus headaches but also for a neck or back wrap as well. Organic Coconut Oil was brought to my attention by my "bestie" (o.k. I confess Wendy is my GURU when it comes to all things natural and homeopathic!) this stuff is like gold!! there are so many uses for Organic Coconut Oil I would never end this post if I named all of them!! So I'll keep with the allergy theme for my uses of this "nectar of the gods" I apply it to my face and temples(with a few drops of Essential Lavender Oil for the temples), lips, & nose for moisturizer & help with chapping. I also can't help but apply to my hands/feet with moisturizing gloves/socks (doesn't help allergies,but it sure feels great for ultimate hydration!!) I do try to use homeopathic remedies but I must confess that tried and true brands like Vicks Vapo family of products, Claritin, & Halls Honey/Lemon drops sure make combating allergies a bit more bearable. What are your fav fixes for sinus and allergy symptoms? Please do share with us, all help is appreciated. TTYL <3


 

No comments:

Post a Comment