Tuesday, July 12, 2016

London Fog Latte



I have a new fav warm beverage!!! I just have to share with you... You guessed it!!! London Fog Latte is my new obsession!!! You know I adore my Rooiboos (pronounced~Ray Boss) tea, and you know "I Gotta Matcha!!!" (Green Tea Matcha) but my latest obsession is sooooo super creamy warm and delish!! It's not difficult to make so here goes my recipe!! 


It's pretty much 3 simple ingredients. You start by steeping an Earl Grey Tea for approximately two minutes ... Now you can use whichever persuasion of tea you prefer such as loose leaf or tea bag or whatever suits your fancy!!! As long as it's Earl Grey which is a black tea with gentle notes of citrusy bergamot.After you bring water to a full rolling boil and while you steep the tea you warm your milk choice (almond, coconut, dairy, etc.) about 1/2 cup, in a small sauce pan, you whisk to froth to give it that "Fog" look as it warms but not scalds!! Only warm your milk and then add it to your steeped tea. Now here's the fun part where you can get creative!!! You can add about 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract or vanilla syrup or honey etc. I prefer vanilla extract for a traditional London Fog Latte. And you can also add a little lavender (a pinch) for those extra special times!!! You add dried lavender to your warm concoction and then strain the lavender buds out or you can put your dried lavender in a tea ball or cheesecloth "sachet" to float in your dreamy London fog latte!!! 


I hope you enjoy this creamy dreamy deliciousness as much as I do!!! TTYL!!




No comments:

Post a Comment