Monday, June 27, 2016

Summer Roadtrip Ready!!


I sooooo cannot believe July 4th is like almost here!!!!! A few days away eeek!!! So with that comes summer vaca and for a lot of us that means the quintessential Summer Roadtrip!!! Now me personally I simply adore a good Roadtrip!! My family jokes and says we are part gypsy we love to travel so much lol! I just don't think that there is any other mode of transportation that is more intimate with the surroundings than roadtrippin'.

 


There are a few necessities to make my roadtrippin' that much more enjoyable... First a rockin playlist!!! Of course fill your Kindle full with your must read list and get reading!!! Just looking out the window and enjoying the scenery or daydreaming are great too!!! 




But ohhhh those snack attacks that inevitably sneak up on me while on my journey.... 




They take some prep as to avoid having to make ummmhmmm.... unplanned "potty" breaks (shall we say) due to bad choices at gas stations and pit stops lol!!!! Some of my fav Roadtrip approved goodies are the "obvi" Starbucks!!! And my current favs there are Green Tea Latte (w/coconut milk & honey) it's good hot or cold!!! And the smores frappucino is a great cheat snack!!! The "Pink Drink" (strawberry Acai with coconut milk), and of course my all time fav Skinny upside down caramel macchiato ❤️ Just to name a few lol!!! 




Almonds, pistachios, rice cakes,fruits, veggies, hummus, homemade trail mix, and pop corn are all great options too!! But after you've driven by all of those temptations (yes I'm looking at you Waffle House and Cracker Barrel) you just HAVE to hit up some of the roadside restaurants!!


 


And oh my goodness does it feel great to get out stretch, potty, and fuel up on some yummy tasty comfort foods!! (I indulged on the mixed grill foil packet ...YUM~O!!) And... If you opt for Cracker Barrel you can peruse the general store and score some retail therapy along the way too !!! Don't forget to take time out on your journey for all the fun stops like  South of the Border for all the kitschy fun!




And of course make sure you have a target idea of when/where you would like to spend the evening before heading out on the road again.... This trip we opted to sleepover in Virginia at .... "Hotel, Motel, Holiday Inn🎤" it's clean, cozy, and easy access to the open road.



So with that we are on the road again!! Hope your adventures are many and happy!! TTYL❤️


 

No comments:

Post a Comment